Tuesday 19 May 2015

The Wardrobe Shake-Up #3




While shaking up my wardrobe, I discovered a dress that still had the tags on. Now you know why I've had to embark on a clothes and footwear spending ban! In my defence, the only reason I hadn't worn it was because it’s a bit too big for me. As the returns period had well and truly passed, I had a few options – sell it, give it to a charity shop, or keep it. You tend to become very possessive of your current wardrobe while on a spending ban, and I was loathe to part with this lavender blue, mod style shift. You tend to become very inventive too, so I decided to alter it or use a belt to cinch it in. However, I realised pretty quickly that neither would work due to the nature of the fabric, stretch scuba, but then I had a lightbulb moment. Simply popping a jumper on underneath turned a baggy party dress into a snug but sweet daytime look. Eureka! The jumper in question is an oldie but a goodie; an acrylic and wool mix with tiny pearl stars stitched onto it. I purchased the silver T-bars with their wonderful block heels back in November. I adore this outfit and its icy hues; it makes me feel like a 1960s Space Queen.


Dress – Asos (available here)
Jumper – Penneys/Primark
Shoes – New Look





No comments:

Post a Comment