Wednesday 28 May 2014

An Ode To A Bow

 
I like big bows and I cannot lie

You other sisters can’t deny

That when a girl walks in with a bow in her hair

And works it with an effortless flair

You want one



  Bows - €2 each - Tiger Stores
(I also like vintage tea cups)

I never thought I’d draw inspiration from Sir Mix-a-Lot to demonstrate my love for hair bows! Tiger currently has a range of charming bows in various sizes, colours and patterns. I’ve previously featured Tiger in Thrifty Treat Of The Week but their bargainous hair accessories are a new discovery. Apart from bows, they’ve also a selection of pretty wire headbands perfect for festival season.



                                                                 Life magazine March 1944
As part of a piece entitled “High School Fads”


Sadly, the only thing I have in common with Becky Brown is where I place my bow! How do you wear yours?!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my god I sincerely hope Tiger comes to Galway!! :)

    Fee
    http://www.pingle-blog.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every Galway home will be awash with Tiger's finest wares! ;)

      Delete