Tuesday 25 March 2014

Spring Style: The Modern Mod


 
 
"People today are still living off the table scraps of the sixties. They are still being passed around - the music and the ideas.” – Bob Dylan
 
I can’t stop wearing these block heels, they seem to go with everything. Paired with this shimmery bouclé coat, I feel like I should be strutting down Carnaby Street circa 1966! To give this look a more contemporary feel, I've abandoned a typical Mary Quant style miniskirt for denim hot pants and a thrifted blouse.
 
Coat – Asos
Shoes – Asos
Blouse – Charity shop
Shorts – Asos

 
 
Photos kindly taken by my friend Maggie




10 comments:

  1. Great blog Eimear, love your thrifty finds bits. will spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those denim shorts are great! Will be perfect for the summer :)

    Fee
    http://pingle91.blogspot.ie/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fee! A hand-me-down from my sister!

      Delete
  3. Eimear, you beauty, you! Love the whole look x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is gorgeous! I love the layout and you look beautiful in your photos :-) I'm an irish blogger too, I have a few posts featuring irish vintage shops which you might like! x

    http://astitchtowearblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen, that's so lovely of you! Your blog is wonderful, I love the shop posts. I'm a big fan of Beaux Bows and Carousel, it looks like Belfast has some gorgeous vintage shops...I must visit! x

      Delete