Wednesday 6 November 2013

Three Budget Hair Products I Can't Live Without

 
'Helene Curtis Spray Net' Ad 1956

 
1. Hask Argan Oil (€2.50 from Penneys/Primark): Moroccanoil revolutionised the hair care industry. Following on from its success; brands such as L’Oréal, Schwarzkopf, Shu Uemura, John Frieda and even Aldi launched hair oils claiming to contain the same miraculous argan oil. As far as I can tell, these oils are all the same. They can all be used on wet or dry hair, smell divine and will leave your hair incredibly shiny and soft. The only thing that varies is the price. Hask Argan oil, which is available in Penneys, is the most purse-friendly. The bottle is a tiny 18mls which makes it perfect for travelling and a little goes a long way.
 
2. Wella Silvikrin Hairspray (approx. €3 for 250ml): My hair doesn’t need a complicated updo to get a blast of hairspray. No, my flyaway mane gets its hairspray fix every day! I've been using Silvikrin for years. It's by no means the cheapest on the market but when I’ve tried more affordable brands, I’ve been left bitterly disappointed. What I love about this hairspray, apart from its long-lasting hold, is that it brushes out effortlessly. My hair is back to normal after a quick brush, soft and clean with no residue. Silvikrin also has a pleasant fragrance unlike its overpowering and overpriced rival L'Oreal Elnett.
 
3. Batiste Cherry (approx. €3.99): Since discovering Batiste dry shampoo a few years ago I’ve gone through countless cans of the stuff. It’s one of my must-have beauty products. It's an excellent multitasker (and lifesaver!), creating volume as well as refreshing hair. Batiste Cherry was launched last year and its sweet and fruity scent is my favourite from the range. The retro print can also looks great on my dressing table.


No comments:

Post a Comment