Tuesday 17 April 2012

Beauty Review: L’Oréal Elvive Nutri-Gloss Crystal Shampoo


If you're a fan of the L’Oréal Elvive range you will probably be familiar with Nutri-Gloss, the pink bottle that promises mirror shine and cashmere touch. Well now L’Oréal has released Nutri-Gloss Crystal, a shampoo and conditioner that actually sparkle. I admit I let out a little yelp when I spotted this in Boots a few weeks ago; it immediately reminded me of my first Barbie - Glitter Hair Barbie. I was never a true Barbie disciple but when you have four sisters you tend to remember toys that were handed to you brand spanking new and Glitter Hair Barbie was the epitome of early 90's cool. With her bleach blonde hair, tight neon clothes and sun visor she looked like an extra on Saved By The Bell.

L’Oréal claim Nurti-Gloss Crystal is enriched with micro-crystals that leave hair sparkling with up to 50% more shine from the first wash. However, I used it several times and so did my sister and unfortunately we ended up like poor old Glitter Hair Barbie - with more sparkles on our faces than our hair. Yes that's right, I didn't see any increased shine to my hair but my forehead was glowing! Nutri-Gloss Crystal may look pretty but it's messy. My advice is to stick to the plain Nutri-Gloss range.



No comments:

Post a Comment